The Indirect Taxes Committee of BRICS CCI has been constituted, which covers Goods and Services Tax, Custom duty, Foreign Trade Policy, and Procedures. The main function of the Committee is to update industry and members of BRICS CCI, on indirect tax laws, rules, regulations, circulars, notifications, judicial pronouncements, etc, enacted or issued by the Government from time to time.
The Committee will prepare suitable memoranda for the Government of India containing suggestions for improvements in the respective legislation and budget to simplify tax laws and their administration to make it more responsive to tax-payer.
The second important function of the Committee is to enhance the knowledge of the members of the BRICS CCI by organizing workshops, seminars, e-learning, symposium, and certificate courses independently and also with trade and industry.
Objectives of the Committee
• To conduct Pre-Budget and Post-Budget Workshops
• To examine Indirect Tax laws, rules, notifications, circulars, advance rulings, press releases, etc. issued and to submit a memorandum to GST Council pre and post-GST Council Meetings.
• To make representations on GST and other indirect taxes to Central/State Governments, GST Council, and other bodies.
• To assist, advise and interact with the Government of India, State Governments, Goods and Services Tax Network (GSTN) & other authorities and /or its committees/ groups formed in policy matters and those relating to the functioning and administration of taxes.
• To enhance the awareness/ knowledge of Indirect Taxes prevalent in India and the potential opportunities by organizing workshops, seminars, e-learning, symposium, certificate courses, and interactive programs independently as also with trade and industry.
• To update/ review and revise existing publications and bring out new ones as may be relevant including Newsletter/e-newsletter.
• To popularise the Indirect Taxes Net.
• To conduct research/ studies in India and publish the same and to bring out publications of useful topics in Indirect taxes.
• To conduct training programs for officials of Central and State Governments on an area relating to GST & Indirect Taxes.
• To carry out such other matters as the BRICS CCI may refer to the Committee.
MS. NIDHI GOYAL